I’m excited to announce today that I’m forming a launch team for my new book, Talking with Your Kids about God: 30 Conversations Every Christian Parent Must Have (if you missed the recent post explaining what the book is all about, click here)!
A launch team is a group of people who are excited about the release of a new book, want the opportunity to read it before anyone else, and are willing to help the author spread the word when it comes out. Talking with Your Kids about God won’t be released until October, but I’m forming the launch team now to give everyone plenty of time to read it, ponder it, and collaborate on promotional ideas. To keep the group at a manageable size, I’m capping it at 100.
Benefits of being on the launch team include:
- A FREE early copy of the book (you get to read it before anyone else—copies will be mailed out next month!).
- Membership in a private Facebook group with me and the rest of the launch team, where we’ll read through the book together and collaborate on marketing ideas. You’ll have the opportunity to make new friends with like-minded parents, have great discussions about the book, and ask me any questions you’d like. (You do need to be on Facebook to be part of the team, as the Facebook group will be our launch team “home.”)
- The unique behind-the-scenes experience of launching a new book into the world! If you’re interested in writing a book yourself someday or just think it would be interesting to see how books are launched, this will be a great opportunity.
As a launch team member, you agree to:
- Read the book by September 30th (please don’t apply if you’re not confident you will read it by then). We’ll read through it as a launch team over a 5-week period (8/28-9/30).
- Write an honest review on at least one consumer site (Amazon, Barnes & Noble, or ChristianBook.com). It doesn’t have to be long! Just something that will be helpful to others considering the book.
- Help spread the word on social media—especially during the weeks of October 16th and 23rd.
- If you’re a blogger, share about it on your blog.
Are you ready to join me for some fun in getting this book launched and working to make a significant impact on the next generation? Just fill out the form below by midnight on
August 4th. [UPDATE: As of July 31st, there are already 200 applications for the 100 spots, so I’ll be closing the application process on August 1st! There’s still time to get your application in, but be sure to do so by midnight on 8/1.] The team will be selected and notified by August 9th.
Thanks so much for your consideration…I can’t wait to get this launch team started!