[UPDATE 1/10/20: DUE TO THE LARGE NUMBER OF APPLICANTS, THE LAUNCH TEAM APPLICATION CLOSED EARLY! Thank you so much to those who have applied. You will be notified by email the week of January 13 if you’ve been accepted for the team.]
I’m excited to announce that now through the end of THIS WEEK (January 12th) I’m accepting applications for the launch team for Talking with Your Kids about Jesus: 30 Conversations Every Christian Parent Must Have (releasing March 31)! In my last post, I explained what the book’s about, described how it complements my first two books, introduced the table of contents, and shared some endorsements. I’m not going to repeat all that here, so if you missed the post, go check it out now!
So what, exactly, is a launch team?
A launch team is a group of people who are excited about the release of a new book, want the opportunity to read it before anyone else, and are willing to help the author spread the word when it comes out. That’s the basic idea, but read on for details!
What You Get
As a launch team member, you’ll receive the following:
- A FREE physical copy of the book before release day (US continental addresses only).
- A digital version of the book THIS MONTH—three full months before it’s publicly available (this is for both US and international launch team members)!
- Membership in a private Facebook group with me and the rest of the launch team, where we’ll read through the book together and collaborate on promotional ideas. You’ll have the opportunity to make new friends with like-minded parents, have great discussions about raising kids to know and love the Lord, win cool prizes, and ask me any questions you’d like.
- The unique behind-the-scenes experience of launching a new book into the world! If you’re interested in writing a book yourself someday or just think it would be interesting to see how books are launched, this will be a great opportunity.
What You Contribute
As a launch team member, you agree to:
- Read the book before March 31st (please don’t apply if you’re not confident you can read it by then). We’ll read it together as a launch team to help everyone stay on track!
- Review the book on Amazon, Goodreads, and/or other book retailer sites within a week of release day.
- Spread the word on social media and in person with family and friends (we’ll help you with ideas for effective posting and images you can share).
- Be an engaged member of the team by participating in the Facebook group.
How to Apply
In order to be considered for the team, you just have to do two things:
1. Preorder the book at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, christianbook.com, or Books-A-Million. The reason a book purchase is required is that online retailers are cracking down on reviews where the product hasn’t actually been purchased. In order for your review to be considered legitimate, it’s necessary for the retailer to identify that you’ve actually bought the product. (When you receive your complimentary launch team copy, you can keep it or give it to a friend!)
2. Fill out the application by clicking here. The form will close at midnight PST on January 12th. Spots are limited, so apply ASAP.
Thanks so much for your consideration, and please feel free to share this with others who might be interested!