Today I’m excited to tell you about a worship CD for kids that I received from Little Songbirds. We’ve bought quite a few worship CDs for the kids over time, but many of them never catch on. It seems like we always come back to the same few that they love! When Little Songbirds offered to send me a CD in exchange for my honest review, I was happy to try something new.
In two short weeks, the Little Songbirds CD has become a new family favorite! Here’s a little about why my kids and I are loving this album. They’ve also sent me a CD to give away to a reader and I’ll let you know at the end how you can win!
1. The music is very catchy. This is very important for kids, who typically become connected to the music before the lyrics. My kids quickly embraced these songs and immediately were moved to dance – even my normally stoic 3-year-old son. About half of the 12 songs are Hawaiian in style, which naturally makes you want to get up and have fun! I’ve found myself humming the songs when my kids aren’t even around.
2. It’s different from the other CDs they have. Is it just me or do a lot of kids’ CDs start to sound the same after a while? I feel like if you buy 10 CDs, you are guaranteed to have 9 songs re-creating Noah’s Ark. This CD is highly original and refreshing, especially with the Hawaiian flare.
3. The lyrics, for the most part, are simple AND clear. This is huge for me because I love for the kids to hear the lyrical message as well as the tune itself. I’m often amazed by how complicated the lyrics can be on some kids’ CDs. My kids quickly memorized several of the songs because the lyrics are clearly enunciated, simple and repeated several times. There are a couple of songs that are less clear, but it doesn’t detract from the album overall.
4. The kids who sing complement the songs rather than detract from them. It makes me a little crazy when, on almost every kids’ worship CD, it’s difficult to understand the words the children are singing, despite their good intentions. I love that on this album the kids are involved in just the right way.
5. The message of the songs is impactful. The lyrics of the songs provide a wonderful Christ-centered message that can be the basis for a variety of discussions with your kids (for example, there is a very fun song about what is and what is not a fruit of the spirit). To give some variety to our nightly worship, I’m going to start using the CD this week for both singing and discussion!
You can hear samples of all 12 songs on the Little Songbirds website: http://www.littlesongbirdsmusic.com/music/ The CD is offered in both a physical and digital form. If you are interested, you can buy it here (non-affiliate link): http://littlesongbirds.bigcartel.com/.
How to Enter the Giveaway:
Little Songbirds also sent me a CD to give away to a Christian Mom Thoughts reader! Here is how to enter the drawing (one person will be chosen at random). Leave a comment on this post (not on Facebook!) and tell me: 1) One thing you like about this blog and 2) one topic you would like to see me post about (if you have more than one, I’m all ears!). That’s it! I will do the drawing on Friday and contact you via email if you win. Good luck!
Disclaimer: I received a free copy of this CD in exchange for my fair and honest review.